8/18/2010

Hand-picked inspirations of the day: Day 16

The day was busy.. lots of work... a visit to a gym...completion of a business card and a logo... Phew...
But I can't leave you without a dose of daily inspirations, so here they come... a bit late, but still fresh and exciting...

PENCIL AS ART TOOL? NO, PENCIL AS ART!
Well, I will be honest I have been treating a pencil as an art tool for 32 years (ok, less) but today I've totally changed my mind. Pencil IS actually ART!
A 45-year-old carpenter, Dalton J. Paul Getty have been proving it for 25 years by turning regular pencils into miniature sculptures. You must really see to believe..



And that's just a tip of a pencil iceberg... See tons of simply stunning miniatures...Awesome... Really awesome! Looks like another candidate for best of the week.

HELP, I NEED SOMEBODY'S HELP (c)
I don't know whether the Beatles meant Health Remedies, but seeing their new packaging redesign, I'm ready to beleive that what they did really deserves a praise... Actually what ChapsMalina and Little Fury did. Since the former did structure and form and the later did the graphic design.
The result of such cooperation is really amazing.



See much more of this great redesign on the best packaging design site I know (i.e.The Dieline) Bookmark if you haven't yet.

SHARK VS CROCODILE. CLOTHES LOSE :)
A shape that we have known since childhood. A shape that we have been playing with pretending it's a crocodile... It's all about a clothes pin... Well, finally someone made it look the way it should - a real crocodile! 


Oh, even more, they saw a shark in this shape.What a couple for a fight! 


AWARD HONORED HEADLINE FONT
Great find from behance network. A headline font designed as a year completion diploma project by Oliver Hofmann. Great font and great presentation with stylish illustrations.




Wow, I was quick today :) I personally love today's inspirations, so hope you too. Leave comments, tweet and share with other if you like it... And don't forget to come tomorrow for more... See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment