10/28/2010

Sunflower seeds carpet by Ai Weiwei. Have a look to find the unbelievable truth...

And a small promised bonus.... Well, I know that modern aka contemporary art sometimes seems odd and weird but when it's explained right then it may seem really cool... The very thing is with the huge sunflower seeds carpet by Ai Weiwei Don't know whether what I think was on his mind, but for me personally the message of his installation is What You See Is Not What You See...
Now imagine a huge room filled with one hundred million (!) sunflower seeds... Impressive, yeah? That's what you see... Now... take a deep breath... EACH seed is actually a life-size sculpture hand-crafted in porcelain and painted by the artists... That's not what you see...
If I ever had doubts as for cheap labor force in China, now I have none... yet, it's a really impressive installation...




Thanks Sweetstation for inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment